SEO seems like this complicated formula… but it’s actually very simple. Google friendly websites explained.
Most importantly, to show up on the first page of your targeted keywords be authentic, have an easy to navigate website, and publish relevant content, to create a google friendly website.
If you’re wondering about what else you can be doing to further optimise your site, you might want to check out Google’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide here.
It is a comprehensive guide and there are no guarantees that your site will automatically rank first in Google, but adhering to the best practices outlined should make it easier for search engines to crawl, index, and understand your content.
Remember we’re focusing on making your site simple for your users first, then a Google friendly website will follow.
Here is a shortlist of actions you can begin focusing on today.
Don’t forget, creating Google friendly websites takes time – be patient.
As a web designer, some of my main focus points for the foundations of a website are:
- Using heading tags to emphasise important text
- Making the content easy to scan for users
- Organising the site hierarchy
- Planning the navigation based on the homepage
- Creating a simple navigation page for users
- Using simple yet descriptive page titles
- Making the content easy to follow
- Organising topics clearly
- Optimising content for the users, not search engines
- Formatting links so they’re easy to spot
- Using simple yet descriptive file names for images
- These are the standard image formats (JPEG, PNG, etc)
- Optimise the file size of all your images
- Creating simple yet descriptive alt text for images (these help screenreaders)
- Making the site mobile-friendly (fully responsive, and easy to navigate on a smartphone, tablet, etc.)
Then, to really start to optimise things, I configure the Yoast SEO plugin. This plugin will allow you to add custom page titles as well as meta descriptions and focus keyword phrases for each of your pages and posts. It is important, however, to note this plugin is a guide only but a great way to start optimising for Google friendly websites.
Now we’re nearly there but……
SEO is not a done and dusted kind of job….
Building your site’s reputation comes with both users and Google, and it rarely comes without quality content, says Google.
Keep regularly publishing relevant content to your site, this will help make your google friendly website rank.
- Create fresh unique content
- Keep promoting your website
- Link to your social media profiles
- Share relevant content on social media
- Analyise your search performance
- Analyise user behavior
Please feel free to contact me if you’d like to know more, I’d love to hear from you.
The simple process of getting a new website for your business.
Click this link if you’d like to download my all-inclusive checklist.
These steps outline what it takes to get your beautiful new website up and running.
This list will give you a perfect understanding of the process before hiring a designer.